Evangelism Is Easy
The Sinner’s Prayer For Evangelism
We have used the word "he" for simplicity. However, you may be speaking to a "she" or "them"! Please modify accordingly!
- Invite your listener to pray this prayer, or something very similar, out loud, or quietly in his heart.
- Tell your listener that Jesus loves him so much that He died for him, so that he could go to Heaven, and not to Hell, when he dies.
- The following is a rather long version of the type of prayer we use for large meetings.
- You can modify the prayer below as the Holy Spirit leads you, making it shorter as appropriate.
- However, do not forget to include the most important parts, REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS!
- Tell your listener that he will hear God the Holy Spirit speak to him twice, using his conscience, twice as he prays this prayer.
- By all means pray the prayer out loud, and encourage your listener to either pray out loud, or quietly if he wants to.
- In a public place, if you both keep your eyes open, nobody need know that a prayer is being said.
- It may help to hold your listener's hand. Please use your discretion, and listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, which is identical to your conscience.
- You cannot pray the prayer for him!
- He MUST pray the prayer for himself!
- Instruct your listener to sincerely, and slowly, pray the following to God the Father, who loves all of us, but does require each one of us to be born again.
- Jesus looked up to Heaven when He prayed, so you do not have to shut your eyes!
- Loving Father, I want to be sure that when I die I do not go to Hell. I want to go to Heaven, to live with you forever.
- I believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for me personally, and that He rose again from the dead after 3 days.
- I need to be born again, just like Jesus Christ taught in the Bible (see John 3:3 and John 3:7).
- Please forgive me for all the sins I have ever committed. Please show them to me now, using my conscience.
- Pause and allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you, which sounds exactly
like your conscience.
- I ask forgiveness for all of them.
- I repent of those sins. I will stop doing them. Please help me to stop doing them.
- I need to forgive. Please show me, using my conscience, the names, or the faces, of those people I need to forgive.
- Pause and allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you, which sounds exactly like your conscience.
- I forgive everyone who has sinned against me, especially (name those people who the Holy Spirit revealed to you).
- Please forgive me because Jesus Christ, Your Son, died on the Cross for me. According to 1 John 1:7, the Blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all of my sin. (The Bible says, "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin," 1 John 1:7)
- I thank You that I am now forgiven, according to the Holy Bible.
- Please now send the Holy Spirit to live in me.
- I receive the Holy Spirit. Thank you I am born again by the Holy Spirit.
- I believe that Jesus Christ is my Personal Saviour.
- Thank you that I have changed kingdoms from the kingdom of Satan, to the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.
- Thank You that You are now my Father. I belong to you, and I now have an eternal home in Heaven, with You.
- I commit the rest of my life to Jesus Christ.
- Please show me how You want me to spend the rest of my life.
- Please show me how I should live, and help me to understand the Bible.
- Please put me in touch with other genuine born again Christians.