Creation -The Genesis Account
The Universe Is Only 6,000 years old
When Did God Create The Universe?
- The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ created everything.
- Jesus Christ certainly knows when He created the Universe!
- This information is provided in the Bible for those who seek to know.
- We need to do some very simple detective work to find out when the Universe was created.
Summary of the 6,000 Year-Old Date of the Universe
We believe that the clear teaching of the Bible, specifically Genesis Chapter 1 and Luke Chapter 3, teaches that:
- The whole Universe was created on Day One of the Six days of Creation (Genesis 1:1-5).
- The Hebrew words for "dusk" and "dawn" used in Genesis 1 are clearly referring to 24 hour periods of time, not millions of years (see below).
- Adam was created on Day Six of the Six Days of Creation (Genesis 1:27).
- Adam was "the son of God," not the son of a monkey (Luke 3:38).
- Jesus Christ was born 77 generations after Adam, which is a period of approximately 4,000 years (Luke 3:23-38).
- Jesus Christ was born approximately 2,000 years ago.
- Therefore Adam was born approximately 6,000 years ago.
- Adam was born at the beginning of the Creation, according to Jesus Christ in Mark 10:6 and Matthew 19:4.
- The whole Universe was therefore also created approximately 6,000 years ago.
Warning about human traditions
Jesus rebuked the Pharisees because of their traditional teaching Mark 7:13, "(you) make the Word of God of no effect through your tradition."
In the last 150 years many people in the Western world have taught that Genesis is incorrect.
In fact, Jesus quoted 25 times from Genesis.
- Was Jesus flawed in His understanding of the Origins of the Universe?
- Did Jesus not understand Evolution?
- Were Evolutionists present at the Origin of the Universe?
- Do Evolutionists think they know more than Jesus Christ?
- The Bible is perfectly clear if you have an inquiring mind and are not prejudiced by previous teaching on Evolution!
Detailed Study Of The 6,000 Year-old Date Of The Universe
The Bible clearly states says that the Universe, Life, and Man were all created over six literal days, about 6,000 years ago. According to the Bible God took six 6 literal days to create everything.
1. The Whole Universe Was Created On Day One Of The Six Days Of Creation
The Bible is perfectly clear that the Universe was created on the First Day of Creation:
Genesis 1:1-5: "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. The Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day".
2. The Hebrew Words For "dusk" And "dawn" Used In Genesis 1 Are Clearly Referring To 24 Hour Periods Of Time, Not Millions Of Years
In Genesis 1:5, we read that "the evening and the morning were the first day". Similarly, each Day of Creation had an evening and a morning. Note that each day began with the evening, as is still practiced amongst Jewish people today.
- The Bible refers to 24 hour periods of time in each day
- The Bible refers to 24 hour periods of time in each of the Six Days of Creation.
- After each day, the Bible says "and the evening and the morning were the (first) day."
- Millions of years do not have evenings and mornings!
Many Christians insist that the six days of Genesis Chapter 1 are long periods of time.
- This makes them feel more comfortable, in light of supposed scientific "proof" of an "old" Universe.
The teaching that "Each day of Creation represents millions of years" a violation of Scripture
- The English word "evening" is the English translation of the Hebrew word "ereb" (Strong's reference 6153). The word "ereb" is used throughout the Old Testament, and always means: "evening" or "dusk."
- Similarly the English word "morning" is the translation of the Hebrew word "boqer" (Strong's reference 1242). The word "boqer" is used throughout the Old Testament and always means: "dawn" or "morning."
- It is simply not possible for the Hebrew words "ereb" and "boger" to mean millions of years.
The Fourth Commandment, and the reference to a 24 hour period of time
The Bible states that on the Seventh Day God rested. He said we should do the same! The Bible states in Exodus 20:8-11: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labour and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work. For in six days the LORD made the Heavens and the Earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."
- God is not talking about millions of years!
- God is talking about literal 24-hour days!
- God created the Heavens and the Earth in 6 literal 24-hour periods.
- During each 24 hour period, the sun descended below the horizon, known as "dusk".
- During each 24 hour period, the sun ascended above the horizon, known as "dawn".
- Only one dusk and dawn is mentioned for each 24 hour period of time.
- Millions of years would have millions of dusks and dawns, but this is not what the Bible teaches.
- On the 7th day, God rested, and this 24-hour period was called the Sabbath.
- The Sabbath has always been a 24-hour period.
- The Sabbath today still starts at 6 pm amongst Jewish people.
- The remaining Six Days of Creation are also 24-hour periods, since God is not seeking to confuse us all!
- God chose to create everything in six literal 24-hour periods, and rested on the seventh-24 hour period, in order to create a seven-day pattern, which is explained in The Bible Is Supernatural on this web site.
- Children are not confused by the Creation account!
- Only sceptical adults are confused, because of their pre-conceptions!
The Pattern of Sevens in the Created world
The Pattern of Sevens is seen throughout the natural world which God created. In the natural world, we see:
- 7 days of the week
- 7 colours of the rainbow
- 7 notes in music
- There were also originally 7 layers in the atmosphere.
Now, since the Flood of Noah, 4,400 years ago, there are only 6 layers in the atmosphere, since one of the levels came down as flood water, according to Genesis, which we discuss later.
3. Adam Was Created On Day Six Of The Six Days Of Creation
Genesis 1:27,31, "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them…. Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day."
According to the above Scripture, Adam was created on the Sixth Day of Creation.
4. Adam Was "the Son Of God," (not The Son Of A Monkey)
The Genealogy of Jesus Christ
- Dr Luke was a medical doctor, and the Gospel of Luke is named after him.
- He records, in Luke Chapter 3, the family tree of Jesus Christ.
- According to Luke Chapter 3, there were 77 generations from God to Jesus Christ.
- Here are some names you might recognise in the following list: Jesus, Joseph, Isaac, Abraham, Noah, Methuselah, Seth, and Adam.
The Bible states in Luke 3:23-38: "Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Janna, the son of Joseph, the son of Mattathiah, the son of Amos, the son of Nahum, the son of Esli, the son of Naggai, the son of Maath, the son of Mattathiah, the son of Semei, the son of Joseph, the son of Judah, the son of Joannas, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, the son of Neri, the son of Melchi, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elmodam, the son of Er, the son of Jose, the son of Eliezer, the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Simeon, the son of Judah, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonan, the son of Eliakim, the son of Melea, the son of Menan, the son of Mattathah, the son of Nathan, the son of David, the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Boaz, the son of Salmon, the son of Nahshon, the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Eber, the son of Shelah, the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech, the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Cainan, the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God".
The Bible states in Luke 3:38 that Adam was the son of God, not the son of a monkey!
5. Jesus Christ Was Born 77 Generations After Adam, Which Is A Period Of Approximately 4,000 Years
According to Luke 3; 23-38 there are 77 generations from God, through, Adam, Seth, Noah, Abraham, Isaac and Joseph to Jesus Christ.
The Number of Generations is 77, the numbers of Spiritual Perfection
The number Seven in the Bible is the number of Spiritual Perfection. 77 is obviously a very specific number of generations, directly under the control of the Holy Spirit.
The time interval between the Creation of Adam and the birth of Jesus Christ
- To obtain a rough figure for the time interval between the Creation of Adam and the Birth of Jesus Christ, let us make an estimate that each generation is approximately 50 years, allowing for the longer life-span of the patriarchs before Noah's Flood.
- It does not matter greatly how many years we chose for a generation, because we will still arrive at approximately the same conclusion!
- Please note that these dates are approximate!
- We need to multiply 77 generation by 50 years per generation:
77 GENERATIONS X 50 YEARS = 3,850 YEARS
There are approximately 4,000 years between the Creation of Adam and the Birth of Jesus Christ.
6. Jesus Christ Was Born Approximately 2,000 Years Ago.
There are approximately 2,000 years between the Birth of Jesus Christ and our present time.
- This article was written in A.D. 2006.
- The prefix A.D. stands for Anno Domini, which is Latin for "the Year of Our Lord".
- According to our dating system, there are approximately 2,000 years between the Birth of Jesus Christ and the present time.
7. Therefore Adam Was Born Approximately 6,000 Years Ago.
- Adam was created approximately 4,000 years before Jesus Christ, or 4,000 B.C.
- Jesus Christ was born approximately 2,000 years ago.
- Therefore, by simple addition, the time from Adam to now is:
4,000 YEARS + 2,000 YEARS = 6,000 YEARS
Adam was created approximately 6,000 years ago
8. Adam Was Born At The Beginning Of The Creation, According To Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ clearly stated that the Universe, Life, and Man were all created at the Beginning of Creation, in Mark 10:6 and Matthew 19:4.
- Jesus said in Mark 10:6, "From the beginning of the Creation, God made them male and female."
- Jesus said in Matthew 19:4, "Have you not read that He who made them at the Beginning made them male and female?"
9. The Whole Universe Was Therefore Also Created Approximately 6,000 Years Ago.
- Adam and Eve were created at the beginning of the Creation.
- Adam and Eve were created 6,000 years ago, approximately.
- Therefore the whole Universe was created 6,000 years ago, at the same time as Adam and Eve.
- In fact Adam and Eve were created on Day Six, and the Universe was created on Day One.
These days were both at the beginning of the Creation.
The whole Universe was created approximately 6,000 years ago
This Universe simply has to be young, unless Jesus Christ and Dr Luke were both liars.
Implications Of The 6,000 Year Old Planet Earth
- The Bible clearly states says that the Universe, Life, and Man were all created about 6,000 years ago.
- This is the clear teaching of the Bible.
- This brings the time scale of Creation into direct conflict with Evolution, and many compromising Christians too!
- The purpose of these two teachings on Creation and Evolution is to expose which one is incorrect!