Creation -The Genesis Account
The Genesis Account Of Creation -The Sixth Day Part 2
PART 2: The Creation of Man
Adam and Eve were originally created as spirits, created in the likeness of God. Very soon after that the Lord God created bodies for them, "and man became a living being."
We start in Genesis 1:26-27: "Then God said, "Let us (Hebrew =Elohim) make man in our image, according to our likeness. So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."
We are told that God is a Spirit in John 4:25, "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth," NKJV.
Therefore, when they (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) created something in their exact likeness, they must have created:
- The Spirit of Adam
- The Spirit of Eve
The spirits of Adam and Eve were created in Their exact likeness. Remember, God is not a human being, but a Spirit. In Genesis1:26 and 1:27 God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were all Spirits. Approximately 2,000 years ago Jesus Christ became a Human Being. But before that Jesus Christ was a Spirit. Therefore they must have made Adam and Eve as spirits in Genesis 1:27.
Later the LORD God (Jesus Christ) formed the first living being, called Man, as recorded in Genesis 2:7: "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."
Adam and Eve were originally spirits, created in the likeness of God. Very soon after that God created bodies for them, "and man became a living being."
The Creation of Adam
- Jesus Christ took the dust of the ground and made the dust into the form of a Man, using DNA as a computer template.
- When we die, our bodies revert to dust, made of the 17 elements of which we are composed.
- Jesus then breathed the spirit of Adam, created in Genesis 1, into the nostrils of the body He had created.
- As the spirit entered the human form, this human form, made of clay or earth, became the first human being.
- The Bible states, "In Him (Jesus Christ) was life, and the life was the light of men" John 1:4. This means that Jesus Christ is the literal Giver of Life.
- We are told in the New Testament that human life in the body cannot exist without the indwelling spirit. James 2:26 states: "The body without the spirit is dead".
- "When Jesus Christ created the first human body in Genesis 2:7, that body was dead until Jesus Christ breathed into that dead body the "breath of life".
- This would by definition have been the spirit of Adam created in Genesis 1:27.
The Creation of Eve
- Jesus Christ then performed the very first tissue transplant from Adam to create Eve!
- Genesis 2:21-22 states, "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man."
What exactly happened when God created Eve?
- We believe that Jesus Christ took a specimen of Adam's living tissue, and created Eve, probably using Adam's flesh with Adam's DNA as a template.
- We are not clear exactly how this happened, but we are equally not clear about how God created anything!
- All we know is that He did!
- The translation "rib" is probably incorrect.
- All men and women have 12 ribs each!
- The word used here is the Hebrew word "Tsela".
- It can mean a rib, but by far the commonest meaning is a "side".
- For example, the word "Tsela" is used to mean the "side" of the Ark of the Covenant in Exodus 25:14.
Adam & Eve probably both glowed with light before the Fall
- We are told that God is "clothed in light, as with a garment", Psalm 104:2.
- Before the fall, Adam & Eve probably both glowed with light, just like God.
- Adam and Eve were created in the image of God, and Adam & Eve were almost certainly clothed in light too.
- After the fall, the light surrounding their physical bodies went out. That is how they knew they were naked!
God instructed Adam and Eve to multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it
Genesis 1:28-31: "Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food"; and it was so. Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day."
- God created Adam and Eve on Day Six, and everything was just perfect.
- This was a Garden Paradise, known as the Garden of Eden.
- As stated in Genesis, Adam and Eve, and all living animals and birds, were originally vegetarian.