Creation -The Genesis Account
Creation, The Biblical Account
The Bible opens with these majestic words: "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth," Genesis 1:1.
- In the King James Version of the Bible, the word "Creation" appears 6 times. The Bible clearly teaches that:
- Jesus Christ created everything.
The whole Universe is only 6,000 years old (as we shall see).
The Bible speaks unequivocally about Creation, and that Jesus Christ Himself is the Creator. Here are a few selected passages:
John 1:1-4: "In the beginning was the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men."
Colossians 1:15,16: "He (Jesus Christ) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all Creation. For by Him all things were created that are in Heaven and that are on Earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."
The word "Universe" literally means, "One spoken word". The Bible clearly teaches throughout Genesis that God spoke, and it was so.
The 6,000 year-old date of the Universe
We believe that the clear teaching of the Bible, specifically Genesis Chapter 1 and Luke Chapter 3, teaches that:
- The whole Universe was created on Day One of the Six days of Creation (Genesis 1:1-5).
- The Hebrew words for "dusk" and "dawn" used in Genesis 1 are clearly referring to 24 hour periods of time, not millions of years (see below).
- Adam was created on Day Six of the Six Days of Creation (Genesis 1:27).
- Adam was "the son of God," not the son of a monkey (Luke 3:38).
- Jesus Christ was born 77 generations after Adam, which is a period of approximately 4,000 years (Luke 3:23-38).
- Jesus Christ was born approximately 2,000 years ago.
- Therefore Adam was born approximately 6,000 years ago.
- Adam was born at the beginning of the Creation, according to Jesus Christ in Mark 10:6 and Matthew 19:4.
- The whole Universe was therefore also created approximately 6,000 years ago.
- This reasoning is actually very simple and straight forward, and is discussed in detail in the section The Universe Is Only 6,000 Years Old
If this 6,000 year-old date of the Origins of the Universe is completely unacceptable to you, it is probably because:
- You have not been exposed to full Biblical teaching before, but have only been exposed to teaching on Evolution.
- You have been exposed to other Creation theories that try to conform to Evolution theories. See under The Bible Is In Direct Conflict With Evolution.
- You have decided that Carbon Dating has "proved" that the Universe is billions of years old. This is also discussed under CARBON DATING.
We invite you to study this subject with an open mind. Many people find this almost impossible. This may be because previous exposure to teaching on Evolution that has subconsciously prejudiced their thinking.